1. Our first meet of the season is Thursday, September 20th (tomorrow) and it will take place at Wayland High School. The meet is expected to begin around 3:30. We hope to see many families cheering us on tomorrow.
2. All XC team members should wear an orange Wayland shirt if you have one. Unfortunately, our running shirts have not arrived yet so we will have to wait for our uniforms until our second meet. Once the uniforms arrive, athletes are able to purchase an orange Wayland XC shirt for $11.00. The Wayland Boosters help us with purchasing these shirts. The shirts will be used as our uniform for the season and then athletes can keep them. Once we have a delivery date, XC team members will bring a check for $11.00 made out to Wayland Boosters. More information will follow about the shirts and payment next week.
3. XC team members will need to board one of the first round of buses tomorrow. These buses will transport our runners to the high school for the meet. If someone misses one of the first round buses, then they will need to find another way to the high school. Coaches are not allowed to transport athletes. Team members will be reminded during both the AM and PM announcements about hustling out to the buses. Coaches will be present to assist.
4. Once at the high school, coaches will meet the team, prepare the course, warm-up and stretch before the races begin. It is a XC tradition that the home team walk the course with the visiting team so all runners are familiar with the course. Our home course is just under 1.7 miles and it is a double loop. The course is a good one for spectators because you can see a lot of the race from the start and finish line.
5. As usual, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are looking forward to our home opener tomorrow at WHS. Go Warriors!